- expectations for community involvement - who, dates, schedules, number of people
- building site - expectations, times, hours, requirements, partnership agreements
- Flight schedule for Cesar
Subdivision, 374 Saint Jude, San Juan, La Union, Philippines
Flotsam & Jetsam Artist Beach Hostel
MacArthur Hwy, San Juan, La Union, Philippines
- Oct 20 (Fri): SG → Manila. 16:00 - 20:00
- Oct 21 (Sat): Inspect the exhibition at the Mind Museum. Manila → La Union.
- Oct 22 (Sun): Chill in La Union. Get situated with the workspace, tools, vehicles (scooters), supermarket, and pharmacy. Dinner with locals and plan.
- Oct 23 (Mon): Work Day + Beach Clean up people + Junk collector. Materials gathering.
- Oct 24 (Tue): Work. + Fishermen Elder +
- Oct 25 (Wed): Work. + Teacher + Kids +
- Oct 26 (Thu): Work. + Surf instructors +
- Oct 27 (Fri) : Work. + Craftsman, Artist, Healer + CURMA day
- Oct 28 (Sat): Work. + Environmental students + Kid day +
- Oct 29 (Sun): Work until 11:00. Photo session of the model. Lunch. 16:00 Celebration with the villagers. 19:00. Food & Drinks.
- Oct 30 (Mon): Chill in La Union.
- Oct 31 (Tue): La Union → Manila
- Nov 1 (Wed): [All Souls Day] Install at Mind Museum, Makati. (Ocular, physical set up, text and visuals) Prepare visuals. Edit Video.
- Nov 2 (Thu): [All Souls Day] Install at Mind Museum, Makati. Prepare visuals. Edit Video.
- Nov 3 (Fri): Install at Mind Museum, Makati. Prepare visuals. Cesar Flies Manila → Doha that afternoon
- Nov 4 (Sat): Abbie and Aster fly back to Singapore
- Nov 5 (Sun): Cesar must be in Doha Qatar
Mind Museum Staff Install
- Nov 17 (Fri): Last touches, video & photoshoot, in Makati
- Nov 18 (Sat): 17:00-19:00: VIP Opening , in Makati
- Nov 19 (Sun): 15:00-19:00: Official Opening to the public, in Makati
Typical Work Day
- 8:00: wake up, eat, pack up, go
- 9:00: collect beach trash
- 11:00: Assemble (at the workshop)
- 13:00: Lunch Break - share stories
- 14:00: Build
- 16:30: Busy professionals join, socialize, snack, and chat. Sunset. Catching short video interviews.
- 18:00: End, Dinner
- 20:00 Kids go to sleep
- Explanation kit, A4 print, small cards for individual functions of the station. Talent video Waiver
Partner communities (workshop participants)
- Different surfer groups
- Bacnotan surfers
- North Shore (Kabsat) - 4Aces, Esquivel, Tikboy surf etc.
- Urbiztondo (LUSC: elders and youth)
- Beach clean up volunteers
- San Juan
- Junk Collectors
- Dragon 8
- Turtle patrollers
- Puon volunteers
- Freediving group
- Bacnotan (Paraoir)
- San Juan
Language for invites:
Lunch and kwentuhan (storytelling)
Brainstorming/townhall session on the ocean and environment
STRONG HAIR is a collection of 100 looping portraits which merges the diversity and power of African hair with the blockchain. In Ethiopia, hairstyles are sculptures full of meaning. Sometimes just by looking at someone, you can identify their nation or tribe. Hair can be a social signal and a status symbol. Many of our local hairstyles are disappearing. When we lose a hairstyle, we lose a visual language that may never be repeated again. Thousands of years of culture has created these looks.